1) Log into your Actiontec V1000H modem by clicking on this linkhttp://192.168.1.254
If that does not work, type those numbers into the Address Bar of your browser and hit ENTER.
2) Where it says "Login to make changes to your router settings", enter the following:
- Username: admin
- Password: telus (lower case)
If this is the first time that you have accessed your modem, you may be prompted to change your username & password.
3) Once you do that, click on the "Wireless Setup" button towards the top centre of the page.
4) Ensure that "Wireless Radio" and "SSID Broadcast" are both set to "Enable".
5) Your "SSID Name" is how you identify YOUR wireless signal from others.
Please change your "SSID Name" to something other than what it currently is now.
6) Click on the drop-down menu beside "Security" and select "WPA / WPA2".
7) Click on the drop-down menu beside "WPA Type" and select "WPA or WPA2 - Personal".
8) Click on the drop-down menu beside "Encryption Type" and select "TKIP".
9) If you want to use the modem generated default security key, leave "Security Key Type" set to "Use Default Key/Passphrase" and your WPA Key will be the green numbers & letters beside it.
If you want to create your own, select "Use Custom Key/Passphrase" and click enter whatever you want your security key to be long white box.
- Make sure to write down this WPA Key because you will need it to set up your wireless computer or device.
10) When you are finished, click on the green "Apply" button below and exit out of this window.
This concludes the first stage of setting up your wireless connection through your Actiontec Wireless Gateway Modem.