Rajasthan has always been known for its beautiful and mesmerizing handicrafts. There have been so many categories of handicrafts in Rajasthan alone that you can't help but wonder how many you should buy.
The work done by artisans is really neat and sophisticated, by seeing our artisans you'll think that they are some ordinary labor class but seeing their artistic abilities will melt your eyes through your brains (just kidding).
The kinds of handicrafts which are feathers in the cap of Rajasthani handicrafts are:
- Rajasthani furniture - It is a term used for stuff like meenakari furniture and other similar stuff.
- Rajasthani paintings - Rajasthani paintings have always been known for their beautiful and rich colors. They are made often on handmade paper while mixing some other stuff like vegetable and other minerals with regular colors.
- Rajasthani bags - Rajasthani bags are bags made by cloth with some handmade designs and with some embroidery design. They looks really cool and solves the purpose of carrying some extra stuff.
- Jootis - Rajasthani jootis are the pride of rajputs and are normally worn with traditional rajasthani costumes like sherwanis and kurta pajamas. Though nowhere day's youngsters prefer wearing them with a shirt and pair of denims.
- Gems - Our pink walled city Jaipur has always been famous for producing, cutting and polishing gems by using very simple machines. Due to this reason Jaipur has always been tourist's memorable spot.
- Meenakari - Meenakari art was introduced by maharaja man Singh (enamel work) during the late 17th century. Meenakri furniture or any other stuff looks very classy, beautiful and grabs eyeball every time.
- Rajasthani jewelry - Rajasthan has been famous for its meenakari jewelry and lac earrings.
- Textiles - Textiles like badhini fabrics block print and traditional sarees has always been known to add beauty to already beautiful ladies of Rajasthan.
- Stone sculptures - Carving beautiful designs out of stones like marble are a specialty of rajasthani artisans. Wooden carving has not always been the strength of Rajasthanis because of the hot and tough climatic conditions. It is far more difficult to maintain wooden delicate stuff than the stone ones.
Apart from these handicrafts Rajasthan has also been known for its rich traditional stuff like kat putli (puppet shows) folk dances and delicious foods like laal maans and dal baati churma.
It won't be wrong to say that Rajasthan is one of the most tradition and culture rich states, being to Rajasthan will be an unforgettable experience.
If you are a lover of Rajasthani paintings click here --> Rajasthani paintings
To see beautifully designed Indian ganesha statues and murtis click here --> Ganesh murti